New year, new projects

Admittedly, I do not get super excited when it comes to New Year's resolutions. In 2014, however, I am going to work toward goals rather than be resolved to absolutely meet them. Am I taking the easy way out? Not at all . . . I am simply resolving to do a better job of "putting myself out there" creatively. What I mean is that I am going to let others see my work in hopes of becoming more recognizable in the paper crafting world. It sounds kind of self-serving when I go back and read it, but it has long been a dream of mine to be a part of the industry in some capacity or another (rather than just a hoarder), and if I don't try I will never know.

Now, my word for 2014 is contentment, which ties into the aforementioned. When it comes to creativity, I am going to be content with my style, my skill level, and my creations. This will be difficult because I am constantly comparing my work to others' and that just isn't realistic.

With that said, I am working on some special projects that I pretty excited about and hope to post about in more detail at a later date.



So, here's to a new year and new beginnings!

Jennifer

Comments