Love (In Bloom) with Paper Issues

Is it spring yet? I don't know about you, but I am so ready for sunshine and warmer weather. To keep those winter blahs at bay, I played with the free February cut file from Paper Issues (get it here) and the new Crate Paper Bloom collection (available here).


I love this cut file and the many creative possibilities it holds. First, I separated "Love" from the other images, enlarged and duplicated it, and cut it out using my Silhouette.

Next, I sprayed pink and yellow paints onto my craft mat and dobbed the paper, right side down, in various places until I had the look I wanted. This was followed by stamps to give it more depth.
 
 
My inspiration for this project came from the bright colors of the ice cream in my photo, so I stuck with pinks and yellows when backing the cut outs. My last step was to embellish and doodle around the edges, which was a last-minute decision because I felt the layout need more dimension.


The Bloom collection is still available in the Paper Issues store! Grab it while you can and use code McJen for a 20% discount on your entire order.
 
Happy creating!



Comments