Be Real with Scrapbook Circle

I don't know about you, but I am totally guilty of taking tons of selfies to document everyday life. Additionally, I love using Instagram as a tool of sorts to keep track of those moments. One of my favorite subjects is my dog Mabel, and I shamelessly admit to taking more selfies with her than friends and family.

8-19-Be-Real-Prop-Web

 For this month's edition of Be Real, where we focus on layouts/projects that document the every day, I decided to use this selfie of Mabel and me. The August Kit is full of papers and embellishments that can be used for many different projects.
8-19-Be-Real-Jennifer-Web

I began by stamping the date and sentiment down the entire right side of the page. I really wasn't sure where I was going with it but liked how it looked. Next, I anchored my lighter paper onto a darker piece because it seemed too light. Finally, I layered patterned papers and vellum behind my photo and adhered it to the page. To create the title, I used the chipboard alpha stickers and my Silhouette (I simply typed "selfie" and cut it out).
8-19-Be-Real-Close-Up-1-Web

My last steps were to add journaling, embellishments, and stickers. You will also see a heart and an arrow, which are Scrapbook Circle You Are Here digital cut files found in the store. I love how the project turned out and the fact that I am documenting everyday moments that might otherwise be forgotten.
Be-Real-Main-Web

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to create today!

Comments