Best Ever with Scrapbook Circle

Hello! This week on the Scrapbook Circle blog I shared this bright, cheery layout made with the December add-on, Be Happy.

12-15-16-main-staged-web
sc_dec16_behappy1_large

When I first opened my kit, I was immediately drawn to the adorable Crate Paper bows - especially the turquoise - and bonus, it matches my photo perfectly!

12-15-16-1-web

With this project, I wanted to keep the elements mostly centered on the page, so I strayed from my usual 12 x 12 layout and cut the paper down to 8 1/2 x 11. Doing this allowed me cluster my elements without feeling as if there was too much negative space. However, I did sew strips of patterned paper on the top and bottom borders of the page to anchor everything.

12-15-16-2

When creating clusters of embellishments, I tried to use mainly circle-shaped elements to keep everything consistent. I love all of the goodies in the Be Happy Add-On because everything matches so well!

12-15-16-3

With all of my embellishments in place, I created a title with the acrylic sentiment and added a small bit of journaling below it. My final touch was to add a few splatters of paint and some of the Reset Girl enamel dots. What I love most about this layout is that the photo is quite old, yet it has a modern feel because of the fun papers and embellishments!

12-15-16-add-on-jenmc-web

Thank you for stopping by today!
Jennifer

Comments