Loving - A New Traveler's Notebook

It seems crazy to think that summer is just around the corner!  For Scrapbook Circle's May Designer's Choice project, I created a traveler's notebook spread using a journal I got at Ikea. I love that spring is finally here and flowers are beginning to bloom. This photo was taken in our back field a couple of weeks ago and goes perfectly with the papers in the May Take Note kit.


To begin this project, I used Vicki Boutin matte acrylic gel medium on the page with the photo. When that had dried, I used art crayons and watercolors in very light greens and yellows on about 2/3 of the page.


While the crayons and paints were still wet, I sprinkled salt on top, let it dry, and then rubbed it off. Doing this gives the paint a really cool speckled effect.


Next, I used the same watercolors to paint the Dear Lizzy washi tape included in the main kit. This washi is one of my new favorites - I loved being able to customize the colors to match my project.


After the washi dried, I cut the Crate Paper and Webster's Pages patterned papers to back my photo and attached everything to the page. When editing the photo, I did add the loving sentiment by Ali Edwards to the bottom right.


I then turned my attention to the left side of the spread and added my journaling. The acrylic story sentiment was placed in the middle of the journaling despite covering some of the writing. I love the effect of having it front and center. To balance all of the white on the page, I added strips of the yellow patterned paper by Crate Paper to match what is behind my photo. Last, I added black and white enamel dots from my stash to give some needed balance and texture.


The finished spread is my first traveler's notebook project of what are sure to be many. It was fun to put together.


Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to visit the Scrapbook Circle of Friends Facebook page for more inspiration from the creative team!

Jen

Comments