Summer Mini Album with JustNick

Hello friends! It's Jen today sharing a 4 x 6 summer-themed mini album created using several - okay, make that a lot of - designs from the Just Nick Cut File Store and a mix of collections from Simple Stories.
First is the cover - this was created using a photo overlay with alphabet stickers stitched on for the title. For a bit of texture and color, I added a strip of t-shirt and a piece of ribbon from my stash. 
The second page is one of my favorites - it uses the Sunray Background cut file, which I sized down before cutting on my Silhouette.
Prior to cutting the Sunray Background in half, I machine stitched each of the rays and around the sun. Next, cut the sun in half, put both sides together, and sewed along the edge to create a pocket. I then used a journaling card to jot down some memories and placed it inside the pocket.
The next page uses the Summer Words and Beach Umbrella Background cut files that are attached to a 4 x 6 piece of patterned paper.
Up next are a couple of smaller photos on one page with more stitched cut files on the opposite side using the SummerSummer Fun, and Beach Umbrella Background files. It is hard to see in the photo, but I cut a palm tree using another acetate photo overlay and it is behind the sun.
My idea for this album began with the File Folders cut file which this page uses. Here, I have added several more photos with die cuts, stickers, and the beach ball from Summer Fun.
Two more pages follow that use more patterned papers, stickers, and die cuts with stitching.
 
Here is another photo and several cuts from Summer WordsSummer Fun, and the File Folders cut files.
Thanks for making it this far . . . we are almost to the end.
This page has more machine stitching with stickers and die cuts the "fun" from Summer tucked behind the photo.
Here is another photo on the left with the On an Adventure cut file stitched to a piece of vellum. 
Here I machine stitched a portion of the Wave Border 2 file on a 4 x 4 piece of patterned paper.
Just inside the back cover I used more of the Wave Border 2 behind my photo, which is attached to another 4 x 6 folder from File Folders.
Last is the back cover, which uses a 4 x 6 patterned paper and a photo overlay for added protection.
Thank you for sticking with me to end of this very long post. Please be sure to visit the JustNick blog daily for tons of inspiration from the design team.

Comments