Love Story with JustNick

Lately, I've noticed that so many projects focus on the perfect photo - correct lighting, in focus, etc. - yet so many of the pictures I have are the exact opposite. They are grainy, out of focus, the lens isn't open all the way . . . you get the picture (literally).
After my uncle pass away a couple of years ago, I found this photo of him and my aunt in their younger years that I had never seen. By all accounts, the photo is awful. However, all I could see was this rare glimpse of them as young newlyweds who absolutely adored one another. How could I not scrapbook it?
This week the team is focusing on background files, which happen to be my favorite. I decided on the Frilly Floral Background with this lovely vellum paper from Studio Calico.
To give the layout dimension, I used the negatives from the cut and added them to the centers of three flowers. These are held down by wood/jewel brads by Jillibean Soup.
I used a few of the tear strips from Studio Calico patterned papers and wrapped them around the photo. The paper straws were next and they are from Target.
The journaling was created in Word and then printed.
Last is the title, which uses SC chipboard letters and metal embellishment with wood Thickers.
This photo holds so many emotions for me and I felt it needed to be preserved.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Please visit the JustNick Shop for this and many other wonderful cut files as well as loads of inspiration from the design team.

Comments