The Best Day with Elle's Studio


Hello friends!  

Using digital cut files is one of my go-to methods for creating embellishments and building titles. I have long been a fan of Daniela’s stunning application of cut files on her projects and chose to use her January XOXO layout as my jumping off point. While Daniela’s project is a 12 x 12 layout, I decided to cut mine down to 8.5 x 11 because I felt it fit my overall design better.



I prepped the background first by cutting a piece of 12 x 12 Noteworthy patterned paper down to size and then adhering a slightly smaller piece of white card stock to that. I knew the focal point of the project would be on the lower right of page, so I worked to bring attention to it by stamping the polka dot asterisk in a visual triangle from top to bottom. Admittedly, stamping is not one of my stronger suits, so I am working hard to “up” my stamping game on projects this year. Elle’s stamps make this easy with their fun, versatile designs, and I am especially loving the new Large Jane Number Stamps – Stripes and Polka Dots that were just released. Trust me when I say you will be seeing them on a lot of my future projects.


Using the February 2019 Cut Files, I cut the Happiness sentiment using five different patterned papers from the All My Heart 6 x 6 paper pack. These were then machine-stitched into place, again in the lower right area of the page, to create color and texture behind my photo was to be placed.


The title was creating by using the Large Jane Alphabet Stamps – Outline on one of the 4 x 6 cards included in the February Kit. I fussy cut the letters and used foam squares to adhere them to the page. If you look closely, you will see three purple puffy lines on either side of the word “best” in the title. I created these marks of emphasis by using the negative space from the O’s in the Puffy Alpha Stickers. Part of the fun of crafting for me is finding other uses for product than may have been originally intended, and you will see this a lot in my projects.


Below the title, I used the Oh Happy Day Stamp to stamp the lines for my journaling and followed that with the Mini Dated Stamp. Here, you can see my stamping is not necessarily perfect, but it adds a fun element to the layout.


To complete the layout, I added a few embellishments from the February Kit to the photo along with several pieces of the Wood Veneer Confetti. A cool way to alter the wood veneer pieces is to paint or color them as I did here. You can do so easily by gluing them in place and then coloring them with a pen once the glue has dried so they stay in place and you don’t get ink all over your fingers. Win, win!

It has been a blast using one of Daniela’s projects for inspiration, and I hope I did it justice!! Please be sure to share your projects in the Elle’s Studio Facebook Group or on Instagram using the hashtag #EllesStudio. We love seeing all of your fabulous creations!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to create!!

List of products (all products can be found here):
·         Oh Happy Day Stamp
·         Large Jane Number Stamps - Stripes & Polka Dot
·         Mini Dated Stamp
·         February Kit
·         Puffy Alpha Stickers
·         Wood Veneer Confetti
·         February Labels
·         February 2019 Digital Cut File
·         Noteworthy 12x12
·         All My Heart 6x6

Comments