Keep it Sketchy with Paper Issues

Hello my Paper Issues friends!!

If there's one thing I love to give my creative mojo a jumpstart, it's a good sketch. PI's monthly sketch challenges provide just the motivation you may need to get your projects started. Here, I used the April sketch with the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day collection (you can find it here).


Here's a look at the sketch.


When I started the layout, I was sticking to the 12 x 12 size of the sketch and then modified it to fit 8 1/2 x 11. Rather than have embellishments down the right side, I chose to end at the line and use that as the edge of the layout.


With a sketch, feel free to make it your own . . . if you like one aspect of it, only use that. For instance, I did not want to use circle-shaped photos so I fussy cut the wreaths and placed them behind my pictures.


I chose to place the journaling along the left side of the layout rather than strips below the title.



Again, sketches are a great jumping-off point for any project. However, don't be afraid to make it your own as I did with this layout.


Remember, Paper Issues has several challenges every month, and each of your new entries puts your name in the hat for a PI gift card!! 

Stop by the PI store today to stock up your stash. Using code MCJEN at checkout will take 20% off of your entire order.

Have a great day!

-McJen

Comments