Pretty Little Studio Guest Design Spot


Hello friends!

Today I'm sharing my first project as a 2019 guest designer for PLS. When asked which collection I’d most like to work with, I quickly jumped on the Bohemian Dreams collection by Ashley Horton. My kids always tell me I’m a total hippy, so the mix of bright colors, patterns, and sentiments were the obvious choice.

My first project is a 12x12 layout that uses a mix of the amazing patterned papers, die cuts, and stickers. This picture of my youngest daughter works perfectly with the color combos and fun vibe of Bohemian Dreams.



To begin, I used watercolors on white cardstock to create the background. Next, I cut several of the patterned papers into strips and machine-stitched them in place. I focused on placing the larger pieces on the right to back the photo.


To embellish the project, I fussy cut the leaves and stems from Wild Flowers 12 x 12 paper. Once these were cut, I then cut the strips into shorter pieces to layer behind the photo and adhered them with foam squares. The flowers (my favorite) were next and I totally went to town layering die cuts and stickers above and below the photo. I love how it looks with all of the dimension!


To keep the layout balanced, I also created a cluster of embellishments on the right side of the page. I machine-stitched smaller strips of paper in place and embellished using the same fussy cut leaves along with die cuts and stickers.



I love creating lots of texture on my projects and continued embellishing with various die cuts and stickers until the layout felt complete.



This one has so many wonderful layers and textures and I absolutely love how it turned out.


Thank you so much for joining me today! I am looking forward to sharing several more projects created with the awesome Bohemian Dreams collection in the coming days. Be sure to visit the PLS blog and Instagram daily for inspiration from the uber-talented design team.

Jen

Comments