It's a Banner Day with Paper Issues

Hello friends!!

Today I have a stash-busting layout for the Paper Issues It's a Banner Day challenge. Recently, I spent five days doing a major purge and clean-up in my craft room. I am almost ashamed at the amount of product I had tucked away that I didn't even remember owning!! One of my finds was the Simple Stories Life in Color collection - I had forgotten how lovely it is and the wonderful embellishments that accompany - it is perfect for this photo of flowers I got at the local farmers market.


First, I used watercolors in red, teal, and yellow along the top and bottom of white cardstock to create the pretty background. Once the paints had dried, I stamped the sentiment using an October Afternoon roller stamp. 


The banner was created by wrapping twine around the around the white cardstock and adding the chipboard frames as I went. It was a little dicey at times trying to keep everything in place, so I used tape on the back to secure it.


I embellished the banner with wood veneer hearts, brads, and enamel dots.


To get the photo adhered above all of the chunky layers, I doubled up foam squares.


With everything in place, I adhered the cardstock to a piece of Elle's Studio wood-grain patterned paper and added the title using thickers. I really love how this project turned out!

I hope you have been inspired to dig into your stash and create today. If your stash needs more stash, feel free to visit the Paper Issues shop and pick up some goodies. You can use code MCJEN at checkout and receive a 20% discount on your entire order.


Thannks for stopping by!

-Jen

Comments