Remember This with Shimmerz Paints

Hello friends!

Back to school is one of my favorite times of the year - everything is fresh and new and anything seems possible. Like many people, especially memory keepers, we take pictures on the first day of school every year. Since I am a teacher, it only makes sense for my picture to be taken as well, and that is the focus of today's project.


When pairing Shimmerz products with my picture, I focused on the color of my pants. Using Red Necking Creameez, Great Fruit Creameez, and Christmas Cheer Shimmerz, I smooshed each color onto a piece of white mixed media paper as well as added splatters. I began with Red Necking on the top half of the page and then added the Christmas Cheer on the bottom. After it had all dried, I added Great Fruit in the middle of the page to create a sort of gradient background. 


Another staple on most projects is a digital cut file. Here I used the Floral Ampersand file by Paige Evans that is included with the September Missy Whidden Color Kitz. I used white cardstock and layered it on top of my painted background.


Embellishing the layout was next and I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio products for this. I love the chipboard title that I painted to match the background. It is the perfect touch.


Flower die cuts and sentiment stickers were added for an extra boost of color along with enamel dots that match each of the Shimmerz colors. Last, I added a dated stamp along the top of the photo.

Here's one last look at the finished layout.


Remember to stop by the Shimmerz store to pick up the beautiful colors used on this project along with any other that catch your eye. When you type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout, you'll receive a freebie with your order.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you've been inspired to create!

- Jen


Comments