Hello Greeting Card with Shimmerz Paints

Hey friends!

I have to admit that when it comes to making cards I am totally on the struggle bus . . . I am not sure what it is, but I find them so difficult to put together. In order to push myself creatively, I have been trying to use new techniques as well as create projects that are out of my comfort zone. Today, I'm sharing this fall-themed greeting card that I made with a mix of beautiful Shimmerz colors along with digital cut files and circle dies.


For the base, I used premade greeting cards from my local craft store. Next, I used two circle dies and cut patterned paper from the Carta Bella Fall Market collection. Each layer of patterened paper was adhered to the base using foam squares with a piece of white cardstock on top of those.


Now to the leaves . . .  these were cut on my Silhouette Cameo 3 using white cardstock. While the leaves were still on the mat - and before I had taken any paper off - I began spritzing them with various Shimmerz colors.

Here's a list of what I used.

Coloringz: My Bleeding Heart
Shimmeringz: Goldie Lox
Texturez: Gold Mine

 

After the paints had dried, I used a brush to apply Texturez Gold Mine to the center of each one. The effect is so amazing . . . the gold just seems to glow from the centers and the texture makes it really pop.


Next, I added a second leaf cut file to the top of each. I decided early on to focus on the solid background of each leaf for the colors while leaving the tops white. Once they were dried, I nestled them into each of the circle layers with foam squares and tied a ribbon on the bottom.

Last was the Hello sentiment using Thickers and wood dots from my stash.

Here's one last look at the completed card.


I'm thinking there may be more card making in my future!

Remember that each of these amazing Shimmerz products is available for purchase on the new website. When you type JENNIFER in the comments, you'll receive a freebie with your order.


Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you've been inspired to get out of your comfort zone and create!!

- Jen

Comments