Pinspire Me Challenge with Paper Issues

Hey friends!

It's McJen today with a layout created for the October Pinspire Me Challenge in the Paper Issues Friend & Fans group. I have to tell you that this one really threw me for a loop because I literally (and actually) hate the color purple. If you are a purple love, I'm sorry, but I just do not like it and have a hard time creating projects with it.

So, that being said, this month's Pinspire Me is composed primarily of purple. Ugh!! LOL!

Here's a look at the layout I created . . . 


and, here is the inspiration . . . 


Can you see where I had a slight problem with it? The photos are gorgeous but they have so much purple!! So, what I ended up doing was focusing on the green from the vegetables and the aqua color of the twinkle lights in the jar.

I pulled out every bit of my Vicki Boutin stash and went to work. To make things easier for myself, I chose one of the mixed media background papers and started with that. Next, I fussy cut hearts from a piece of patterned paper and machine stitched them to the background page.


The photo of my son and his girlfriend has a lot of green in it, which works perfectly with the hearts and the background paper.


For a bit more texture, I added a few embellishments in a monochromatic manner amongst the hearts. I love the effect.


The title was placed directly on the photo with a few more black hearts and dots scattered above and below. I kept the journaling to a minimum and only added the date. 


After the layout was complete, I relented and added a few purple hearts to make myself feel better about keeping with the challenge. I actually like them but tell anyone!!


Everything used to create this project was purchased in the Paper Issues shop. Remember to use code MCJEN at checkout to receive 20% off of your entire order.


Have a great day and I hope you are inspired to create!!

- McJen

Comments