Teachers on Halloween with Paper Issues

Hey friends!

As a high school teacher, I love being in costume on Halloween and making students laugh. They all know that I am a total grammar nerd, so it only made sense that I dress as the Grammar Police. I had so much fun with this one . . . down to the red pens in my belt rather than weapons. It was a fun day and one I wanted to be sure to capture. 

October's Wish Upon a Star Challenge is perfect for Halloween layouts. Here, I used the new Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin collection along with the FREE Filled with Joy cutfile from the PI shop.


The layout began with the cutfile, which I cut using black cardstock. Keep in mind that this is a Christmas cutfile, but simply removing the title made it appropriate for Halloween. I love all of the tiny stars and wanted to use those in my background.


Both photos were backed with patterned paper from the collection and adhered to the background.


From there, I began adding embellishments and the title. I was afraid that the black letters would disappear on the background, but they did not.


 The title had to be more than a simple Happy Halloween, so I went with Teachers on Halloween be like . . . it totally reminds me of a meme.


The Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin collection is still available in the Paper Issues shop. Remember to use code MCJEN at checkout to receive a 20% discount on your entire order.


Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to play along with all of this month's challenges for a chance at a PI gift card. You can find all of the details in the PI Friends and Fans Facebook group.

- McJen

Comments

Post a Comment