Getting Sketchy with Paper Issues

Oh my gosh, you guys! I can't even with the November kit, Cover Me Up, that Cassie put together - it is by far my favorite of all time!! In fact, I have almost completely used it up, which is a miracle for me. The colors and patterns are just stunning and they are perfect for these photos of my daughter Abigail. I knew it was all the perfect storm for the November sketch challenge.


Here's a look at the sketch . . .


Before beginning the layout, I used gold and pink watercolors on the background paper for a bit of color. One of my favorite papers in the kit is the vellum with gold-bordered triangles. I fussy cut these and placed them between the photos in a manner that mimics the arrow on the sketch.



Next, I backed both photos with patterned paper and adhered them with foam squares. . .


followed by embellishments from the kit. They are so pretty.


The title and a bit of journaling was next and followed by puffy triangle stickers from the kit and enamel dots from my stash.


I love how this project turned out and have to say the photos do not do it just. The colors are so rich and vibrant! If you haven't picked up the kit in the Paper Issues shop, be sure to do so before they are gone. When you use code MCJEN at checkout you'll save 20% on your entire order. Bonus!!


Thank you for stopping by today!! I hope you are inspired to create.

- McJen

Comments