Take 5 Challenge with Paper Issues

Hey friends!

It's been awhile since Mabel has made an appearance on the blog, so today she is the main feature on my layout for the November Take Five Challenge. I've had this picture since last spring but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Once I got the Pretty Little Studio Indian Summer collection, I knew it would be perfect.

Here's a look at the layout . . .


and here's the rest of the story . . .

I was supposed to have created a project for the November Take 5 Challenge and accidentally used the October list instead. Oops. I'm so fired!! So, my layout uses the following elements from last month's Take 5.

Patterned Paper
Orange
Stickers
Layers
Frame

Here's a look at the complete list.


This layout was so much fun to create! Mabel is hilarious and I always get the best pictures of her. To create the background I used several watercolor paints and smooshed them on white cardstock as well as splattered drops.


I layered several of the patterned papers from Pretty Little Studio behind the photo and doodled borders on them with a black pen.


To complete the cluster, I added PLS die cuts and Amy Tangerine stickers on and around the photo.


After placing the title, I doodled lines underneath each line as well as around the border of the layout. Next, I added the journaling and then doodled stars on the cardstock to give it a bit more color.


Again, I totally love how this project turned out - it has such a fun vibe. I also really like the bright colors against the black and white.

You can still pick up both of theses collections in the Paper Issues shop. Remember to use code MCJEN at checkout for a 20% discount on your entire order. Woo hoo!


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to create!

- McJen

Comments