Let it Snow with Shimmerz

Hey friends!

The holidays are upon us and winter is almost (officially) here. Snow has such a magical, calming quality about it and I love taking pictures whenever we get any. A couple of years ago I snapped a photo of the snow coming down after dark, which is the focus of today's project.

First, let's take a look at which Shimmerz products were used.


The backdrop for this layout was created using Dazzlerz Spun Sugar with a stencil on black cardstock. The texture is so vivid against the dark background!

After the Dazzlers was dry, I used Creameez Boogie Boardin' Blue and Ride the Tide to create what looks like snow falling in the negative spaces. I achieved this effect by create tiny splatters with a small paint brush.


Next, I used Creameez Get Glowing to add color and texture to the trees. The color is subtle against the black cardstock but still gives the trees more definition.


With the background complete, I used the My Mind's Eye Winterberry collection to embellish the project. I tried to keep the palette simple so as not to detract from background.


I finished it all with the title using white Thickers from my stash. 

Here's one more look at the layout.


Remember to shop the Shimmerz Shop and type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.

Thank you so much for dropping by today, and I hope you've been inspired to create. 

- Jen

Comments