Remember December with Paper Issues

Hello friends!

It's McJen today with a layout created for this month's Remember December Challenge using Crate Paper's Merry Days and Snowflake collections with a bit of vintage paper I found in an antique shop.


To create this project, I began with white cardstock and used gesso to adhere a page from a vintage McCall's magazine to it. I mainly covered the outside edges of the magazine page to help it blend into the cardstock better.

Once the gesso dried, I layered strips of patterned paper from Merry Days with washi tape from Snowflake and then machine stitched them in place.


The Visions of Sugarplums text on the page was where I wanted the focus because it describes the photo perfectly. In order to isolate the text, I used gold puffy stickers to set it off without covering it up.


Next, I used backed the photo and adhered it to the page and followed that with various embellishments from Merry Days.

My journaling was typed on a WRMK typewriter and cut into strips before adhered to the page.


I am totally loving this layout - it just makes me happy! 

There is still time to pick up some pieces from the Crate Paper Snowflake Collection in the PI Shop. Remember to use code MCJEN at checkout to receive 20% off of your order.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create!

- McJen

Comments