Summer Nights with Shimmerz

Hey friends!

 It's Jen today with a new project using a few of my favorite Shimmerz colors combined with a stitching cut file to make a big impact.


Here's a look at the 12 x 12 layout I created.


Using the Stitching Circle Burst cut file from Paper Issues with white cardstock was my first step. Next, I used Creameez Dandy-Lion to paint streaks from the middle of the page outward to mimic rays of light.


Once the Dandy-Lion was dry I splattered Coloringz Night Moves and Shimmeringz Baby's Breath on the yellow to create a bit of contrast. To complete the background, I stitched with black embroidery floss and then backed it with white cardstock.


To break up the black on my photo, I machine stitched ribbon to the front and then backed it with patterned papers from Elle's Studio, Pebbles, and Echo Park.


The title was created using acrylic pieces, stickers, and die cuts from Elle's Studio.


Last, I filled in some of the circle cut outs on the background with more Elle's Studio die cuts and some black enamel dots from my stash.


Thank you for stopping by today! Remember to shop Shimmerz and type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.

Have a great day!

Comments