Beauty with Shimmerz Paints

Hello friends!

It's Jennifer today with a new project featuring tons of Shimmerz paints and some good ol' elbow grease. This layout was a true labor of love . . . for the first time in a long while, I broke out my Big Shot and dies to create stunning flowers that I absolutely love.


To get this project started, I painted two pieces of watercolor paper. The first was the beautiful colors of the flowers and the second was the green and golds in the leaves. 


Once both pages had dried, I began cutting the flowers using metal dies. Each flower is three pieces of paper - the middle layer is quite intricate and was not cutting well. To alleviate this problem, I grabbed the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Garden District collection and cut patterned papers. Doing this made the process much faster and I love the contrast.


After the flowers and leaves were assembled, the layout came together in under 15 minutes! Again, I used patterned paper from Simple Stories for the background and began adhering flowers.


Each flower and leaf was adhered with foam squares to give more depth and dimension.


To complete the project, I added a few chipboard hearts and a title.


The overall effect is so pretty and the colors of the Shimmerz Paints are stunning!


Thank you so much for stopping by today. A complete list of products and links follows - if you find yourself in the Shimmerz Shop, remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.

Inklingz:

Coloringz:

Creameez:

Have a great day!

Comments