Summer Memories with Elle's Studio


Hello friends! We are coming up on the end of summer and I have been busy documenting our memories using bits and pieces from the June and July kits + extras.

I know I’ve said it before, but I love the fact that each Elle’s Studio kit can be used individually or combined with others without worry of colors clashing, etc. With that in mind, I’ve pulled together what I have left of the June and July kits to create this fun layout.


For this project, I wanted to keep the overall design somewhat simple. I began by using the Polka Dot Paper Stack to create a layered rainbow-effect on which to place my photo. Next, I used the sketch and cut feature on my Silhouette with the Rainbow 1 cut file. Using a black and white photo is what prompted me to keep the rainbow free of color – the effect against the patterned papers is really striking.


After adhering the photo with foam squares, I added a sentiment from the Summer Sticker sheet along with a Summer Chipboard Sticker.


When creating the title, I used the same Polka Dot patterned papers with the Large Jane Alphabet Stamp – Outline with the accompanying Steel Dies.


To give the project one final bit of color, I added Puffy Heart Stickers on top of the rainbow and hand-doodled a border around the page.


Again, I deliberately kept this project simple. Sometimes, I feel that I have to add so much of this or so much of that, when, in reality, less is often times more. So . . . get those Elle’s Studio kits out and see what magic you can create by combining elements.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Remember to use the #EllesStudio hashtag when posting your projects to social media so we are sure to see what you create. You never know . . . you just might be featured on the Elle’s Studio blog!

Have a great day!

Supplies used (click here to access all Elle's Studio products)
Summer chipboard stickers
Bright Polka Dot 6 x 8.5 inch paper stack
Summer stickers
Summer wood veneers
February 2020 Cut Files
Large Jane Number Stamp – Solid and Outline
Large Jane Alphabet Stamp – Outline
Large Jane Number Metal Die
Large Jane Alphabet Metal Die

Comments

Post a Comment