Rooting for Our Home Team with JustNick Studio

Hey everyone! Today I'm sharing one last summer layout before I go into full-on fall mode - you've been warned! LOL!
The story behind this layout is kind of funny because we live in Washington state and have never been to a Mariners game. While we were in California in June we had tickets to see the Angels and they just so happened to be playing the Mariners. Because it was only a few days until the Fourth of July, the stadium was handing out these fun hats to everyone as they came in the doors. My son Caleb had several on his head at once and I snapped this cute photo of him.
To create this project, I first used the Starburst cut file from the JustNick shop.
I cut the file using patterned paper from the Paige Evans Turn the Page collection and used the negative as a stencil of sorts for my watercolors. I adhered white cardstock to a piece of patterned paper and then painted the main focal area of the layout.
Once the watercolors had dried, I placed the stars over the top and adhered with foam dots. Next, I used some of the negative star cuts and placed them within the larger stars.
With the stars in place, I laid my photo over them and again used foam dots to adhered it to the page.
Next, I used a tag, chipboard stars and die cuts from the same Paige Evans collection. My final step was to add a puffy sticker, enamel dots, and the title using items from Pinkfresh Studio along with a bit of journaling.
I love being able to use cut files to personalize my projects, and I love the fun element they add to the layout! Be sure to visit the JustNick shop for this and many other great cut files!
Thank you for stopping by!

Comments