Come on Down with JustNick

My oldest daughter has had some grand adventures at only 22 years old, and I love being able to capture many of those moments for her. Just last week, she and her girlfriends flew to Los Angeles for a few days and were able to sit through a taping of the Price is Right. How awesome is that?!
Naturally, I had to put a page together as soon as she was posting pictures on social media. I used the new Doodle Daisies 2 file from the JustNick shop to create a fun layout.
This year is all about stash busting so I used a Hip Kit from July for this project. To begin, I welded the daisies together and then duplicated the file so it took up most of the 12 x 12 cutting mat. I cut the file on a watercolor patterned paper from the Hip Kit. After it was cut, I adhered it to the pink patterned paper, decided I wanted it smaller, and cut the entire thing down to 8.5 x 11.
Next, I matted the photo on more patterned paper and began embellishing.
The paper ephemera and wood stars and arrows added just the right amount of color.
Next was the title, which consists of puffy letter stickers and a sentiment from the kit, followed by a bit of journaling along the right side of the page.
 
I love how quickly this project came together and the overall fun vibe! Be sure to pick up this month's new files in the shop, as well as visit the blog daily for loads of inspiration from the design team.

Comments