Take 5 Challenge with Paper Issues

Hello friends!

Today I'm sharing my take on this month's Take 5 challenge using the beautiful My Mind's Eye Splendor collection. Of the items listed, I used polka dots, brads, the color pink, strips of paper, and mist.


The Splendor collection is perfect for this picture of my daughters and me. I chose to print the photo in black and white to keep it from clashing with the papers and embellishments.


My layout began by cutting strips of patterned paper, folding them accordian style, and then machine stitching them so they look like ribbon. 


I sewed five of the strips of paper and cascaded them down the page in addition to paper strips that lay flat.


Next, I adhered the photo to the page and began embellishing with the floral die cuts and stickers from the collection. I love all of the chunky layers.



Last, I added brads, enamel dots, and mist to complete the layout.


This collection is stunning and I love how easy it was to create a timeless layout with the lovely embellishments. I don't think it will be in the shop long - be sure to visit today and use code MCJEN at checkout for a 20% on your entire order.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create.

Comments