Gather with Shimmeringz Paints

Hello Shimmerz friends!

It's Jen today with a fall-themed layout documenting one of my daughter's sweetest friendships. This project uses several beautiful Shimmerz Paints with die-cut leaves and the Carta Bella Fall Market collection.

Let's take a look at what I used.

When I began this project, I cut several of the leaves using my Silhouette and the Layered Fall Leaves cut file from the Silhouette Store. While the leaves were still on the cutting mat, and before I had peeled away the excess paper, I began spraying the leaves with the various Shimmerz colors. Don't worry, this doesn't affect the stickiness of the mat and makes it much easier to keep everything in place.


To keep the colors from bleeding, I dried each one with my heat tool between coats of paint.


While the leaves were drying, I cut strips of patterned paper and machine stitched them to the woodgrain background paper.


Next, I adhered the leaves and my photo to the page using foam dots.


Die cuts, stickers, and chipboard were layered between the leaves for added dimension while the cork title was placed on the bottom cluster of leaves.


You'll even notice one of the exclusive Shimmerz Dotz embellishments tucked in with leaves.


Last was the journaling, which I typed on my manual typewriter. I love this layout and those leaves turned out better than I could've ever imagined.

Remember - you can pick up your Shimmerz Paints on the new, revamped website! You will  love it!!


Don't forget to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're inspired to create!

- Jennifer

Comments

Post a Comment