Holiday Favorite with Shimmerz Paints

Hey friends! It's Jen today with a project highlighting several beautiful Shimmerz paints to document one of my favorite holiday traditions - watching A Christmas Carol.

I am in full holiday mode and have been using many of the Christmas collections from my stash - including Fancy Pants Designs and Pinkfresh Studio - along with some of my favorite Shimmerz products.


Here's a look at my project . . .


This layout began with white cardstock, which I used to create the background. My first step was to use a stencil with Dazzlerz Puttin' on the Glitz to create a bit of texture and sparkle. I let this sit overnight to completely dry before getting back to work on the project the following day.


For the background colors, I grabbed Coloringz My Bleeding Heart, Creameez Lettuce Get Together, and Shimmeringz Goldie Lox. One at a time, I applied the paints to the cardstock allowing each to completely dry before applying the next. I did use my heat tool to speed up the process a bit.


During the painting process, I continually laid the photos on the area where I knew they'd be placed to create a fitting backdrop. 

Once the paints were dried, I used Pinkfresh and Crate Paper stamps to create a frame of sorts for the photos. I love the black ink against the bright colors - it provides depth of color and gives weight to the background.

The photos were backed with patterned paper and tissue paper. After they were adhered using foam squares, I placed die cuts, wood/enamel brads, and enamel dots around them.


The layout was completed with machine stitching around the border, a bit of journaling along the left side, and the title using wood alphabet stickers from Pinkfresh. I love the warm wood tones with the bright colors. They add the perfect touch!


I hope this project inspires you to break out your holiday crafty stash along with your Shimmerz paints to document your memories. 

Need supplies? Remember to type JENNIFER in the comments when picking up your Shimmerz goodies to receive a freebie with your order.


Have a great day!!

- Jen

Comments