Merry and Bright with Shimmerz

Hi friends!

It is officially my favorite time of year and I've begun documenting all the holiday things - even the cold, dreary weather. Today I'm sharing a project using the beautiful Gold Mine Shimmerz Texturez with this month's exclusive Paige Evans Snowflake Wreath cut file included with the November Color Kitz.

First, here's a look at my completed layout . . . 



To get this look, I began by cutting two of the wreaths using white cardstock. With those done, I used a spatula to spread Gold Mine Texturez on one of the wreaths.


After the Texturez had dried (this does take a bit of time unless you use a heat tool), I began layering the plain and textured wreaths in the top corner of  the page. After they were positioned how I liked, I cut the edges off and set them aside to use later.


Using Crate Paper's Merry Days collection, I backed my photo with patterned papers and die cuts and adhered it all atop the wreath pieces with foam squares.

Next, I used the bits of wreaths I had left over and fussy cut individual snowflakes to use around the title and behind the photo.


Finally, I used a few more embellishments and black enamel dots to balance all of the white space. I love how this one turned out - it is simple but not all at the same time.



Thanks for stopping by today! If you haven't picked up the Texturez yet, but sure to stop by the Shimmerz shop - you won't be disappointed! Remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.


Have a great day!
- Jen

Comments