Be Still with Shimmerz Paints

Hello friends!

With the holidays behind us and winter setting in (in the U.S.), I thought it would be nice to create something bright and cheerful. Today's layout features a rainbow of Shimmerz colors with the Paige Evans Layered Sunburst cut file and a few simple embellishments.


To begin this project, I selected the following Shimmerz Paints to create the rainbow colors.


Next, I used white cardstock and cut one each of the layers in the cutfile. I did enlarge the file to 
12 x 12 prior to cutting it so it would fit on the page.

Once I had cut out the layers of the sunburst, I painted each one with the colors listed above. To get the deep red, I layered Scarlett's Fever with My Bleeding Heart. I did the same with Freshly Squeezed and Pumpkin to get a rich orange.

After the paints were dry, I layered them and decided where to place them on the background. Offset focal points are always a favorite of mine, so I placed the sunbursts in the lower-left corner and machine stitched them to white cardstock. For more texture, I folded each layer upward at the seam. 


Since my title is simple, I decided to keep the embellishments simple as well.


The title was created using Felicity Jane puffy stickers.


Using enamel dots to match the paint colors, I placed them in the order of the rainbow to match the sunbursts.


I used black enamel dots to anchor the title. In keeping with the simplicity of the design, I added the date to the bottom-right corner and opted to forego journaling. Because the sunbursts are so bright and beautiful, I wanted to keep them the focal point of the layout (in addition to the photo).


I hope this bright layout has inspired you to create today. If you are planning to create your own rainbow but need to add some colors to your collection, remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a Shimmerz freebie!!


Thanks for stopping by! Remember to post your Shimmerz projects to social media and tag Shimmerz so we can see what you create!! You can also stop by the Shimmerz Paints Sharez Facebook group for loads of inspiration from the creative team.

-Jen

Comments