Love with Shimmerz Paints

Hey friends!

February is fast approaching, and you know what that means . . . Valentine's Day! While it is admittedly not my favorite holiday, I do enjoy documenting the people I love and their special relationships. 

For instance, these two cuties, my son and his adorable girlfriend.


I knew that I would be using the Simple Stories Simple Vintage My Valentine collection for this project. Before I even began, I selected four Shimmerz colors to use that match the papers and embellishments.


Using white mixed media paper, I created a background with the four Shimmerz colors to use as the base for my project. Between painting and then the paints drying, I decided to cut the background I created into strips.


Alternating painted strips of paper with patterned paper, I machine-stitched them into place to create a backdrop for my photo.


To give more texture, I folded the patterned papers upward along the stitching - I love the effect. I also left all of the threads in place at the ends of each of the strips of paper. The messiness of the threads with the strips of paper is perfect.


The photo and embellishments were next. I used a large chipboard sentiment for the title then added stickers, die cuts, and chipboard.


The finishing touch was enamel dots strategically placed in a visual triangle.


Aren't they cute?! I'm slightly partial, but what mother isn't.

Be sure to visit the Shimmerz Shop today and take advantage of this weekend's sale. Don't forget to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you've been inspired to create!

- Jen

Comments