Stash Busting with Shimmerz Paints

Hey friends!

It's Jen today with a sweet Valentine layout using beautiful, vibrant Shimmerz Paints with loads of product from my stash.

For this project, I used the exclusive Valentine Cut File included with the February Color Kitz and the following paints.


This layout began by my digging deep in the recesses of my crafty stash - I used a piece of Cosmo Cricket resist mixed media paper along with various Crate Paper collections. It is my goal this year to make a dent in what I have and use the beautiful products I love so much.


The Cosmo Cricket resist paper has tiny hearts all over it, which is perfect for Valentine's Day. Using each of the Shimmerz Paints from above, I began creating the background. After letting it dry overnight, I added the Creameez Boogie Boarding Blue over the pinks to add a bit of contrast.

 Next, I tore a piece of white cardstock and layered it over the background - I love the stark contrast.


Embellishments were next, and I went to work layering die cuts, stickers, and patterned papers on the page. Additionally, I cut several hearts from the Valentine Cut File and painted them using the same colors. These are tucked in all over the layout.


I used a simple title in black to match the photos and placed some neutral embellishments on the project to anchor the bright colors.


With so much going on, I wanted to have balance and create a cohesive look.


Here's one last look at the finished layout - the bright colors with the textures are so pretty!


Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to stop by Shimmerz Paints today and get those Valentine projects started. Remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout for a fun freebie.


Have a great day!
- Jen

Comments