Mixed Media Background with Shimmerz Paints

Hey friends! 

This month Shimmerz has thrown down the gauntlet and is challenging everyone to create a background without using any patterned paper! 

Challenge accepted. LOL!

Today I have a layout using the beautiful, dimensional Texturez and Dazzlerz products that are perfect for creating amazing patterns.

For this project I used the following Shimmerz products:



The background was quite simple to make and took very little time at all thanks to a large stencil. To create the look, I began with the Texturez Mari-Gold Digger in the middle of the stencil and spread it on in a downward motion. Normally, I would wait for each color to dry between applications but I wanted a bit of a blended look.


Dazzlerz Sour Apple was next and that was followed by Dazzler Sea U in the Mornin'. Once each of the colors had been applied, I set everything aside and let it dry overnight.

After adhering my photo of Mildred to the background with foam squares, I began embellishing using Jillibean Soup products from a few years ago and wood veneer conversation bubbles from Elle's Studio.


The different colored chevrons were fussy cut from one piece of patterned paper and the die cuts came from the same Jillibean Soup collection. Since I had the wood veneer coversation bubles, I decided to use wood Thickers for the title and wood jewels to accent the background and add another pop of color. Those jewels have been hanging out in my stash for far too long. Even though they are several years old, they still feel fresh and fun.


Here's one last look at the finished project. Isn't Mildred the cutest?!



This layout definitely feels out of the norm for me and that's a good thing. Don't be afraid to challenge yourself to try new techniques, designs, and styles. That is part of the fun in creating!

If you haven't tried the Shimmerz Dazzlerz or Texturez yet, be sure to pop over to the shop and pick some up today. They are super fun to use and very versatile. Remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order!!


 Thank you for stopping by today and I  hope you are inspired to make something!

Be sure to tag #ShimmerzPaints on social media so we are sure to see what you create!

-Jen

Comments