In Reel Time with Paper Issues

 Hey friends!

Today I have a layout created for the Paper Issues In Reel Time challenge, which focuses on photos about fish or fishing. Not to worry . . . if you don't have any fishing pictures, you can always scrap about clocks, movies, or even what you are doing/loving right now. It's all up to your interpretation!

For this project, I used the Hot Sugar August Scrapbook Kit from the PI store. I love Cassie's kits, but they tend to sell out quickly, so keep an eye out in the store or the Paper Issues {Friends & Fans} Facebook Group for the latest info on when they are available.


This picture of me was taken after I'd caught an 8-pound walleye on the Columbia River. The story behind the photo (literally) is my favorite, and I'm glad to finally have this memory recorded.


To create the background, I used one of my favorite Elle's Studio stamps from the Noteworthy collection (find it here) and stamped around the area where I knew the photo would be placed and along the sides. After stamping, I splattered blue and black ink on the white cardstock.


Next, I cut strips of patterned paper and glued them on along the left and right edges of the cardstock before adding my journaling. After typing the story on my manual typewriter, I used foam squares to adhere it to the layout. I did not pay attention much as I was typing and my journaling is full of errors, but I decided I don't care and kept it as is.


Next, I added the photo with washi tape over the top of the journaling so it's partially hidden.


I finished with embellishments from the kit along with the Stitches Clear Stickers and enamel dots from my stash.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Remember to keep an eye out for the Paper Issues Kits each month, and when shopping, use code MCJEN for 20 percent off of your entire order.


Have a great day!

Comments

Post a Comment