First Day of School with Paper Issues

Hello friends!

Today I have a new project documenting the first day of school using the gorgeous Our Family collection from Altenew. The papers and embellishments are gorgeous! 


To create the background, I cut one of the patterned papers into strips and distressed the edges before machine stitching them in place.


After stitching, I decided to keep all of the thread selvages since they add texture to the project (also, I like how they look).


Next, I fussy cut the ginormous floral that is behind my photos. Once done, I cut it in half and began layering it with the strips of paper and beneath the picture.


Using a few of the die cuts, I created a layered embellishment along the bottom border. Since the layout is so bright and bold, I opted not to use a title. Instead, I simply typed two journaling strips that I adhered below the photo.


After adding a few Doodlebug enamel dots, I called it good.

I love this new collection and cannot wait to create with it again. If you haven't checked it out yet, be sure to do so. Feel like shopping in the PI store? Remember to use code MCJEN at checkout and Cassie will give you 20% off of your order! Bonus!


Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

- McJen

Comments